TERMS AND INFORMATION
1. Contract: The contract is between the property owner and the hirer and is effective once the
required payment has been received and we have issued a confirmation.
2. Payment: For reservations made more than six weeks before the holiday start date we require a 20% deposit of the rental cost.In the case of bookings made less than six weeks before arrival full payment is due on booking.Please make cheques payable to C&S Johns.We also accept internet bank transfers.
3. Balance Outstanding: The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable not later than six weeks before the arrival date and if not paid we reserve the right to cancel the holiday booking, in which case the deposit will be forfeit.
4.Cancellation:Please advise us as soon as possible if you have to cancel your booking. The following charges apply: Up to 6 weeks before arrival: 20% deposit only. Less than 6 weeks before arrival: 100% We will do our best to re-let the cottage and, if successful, your liability for the balance of rental will cease. If we have not been successful in re-letting the accommodation by the balance due date, you remain liable for the full cost of the holiday and must pay the balance in the normal way.If we re-let the property after the balance has been paid we will refund you the same.Please consider taking out holiday insurance.
5. Booking alterations by ourselves: If, for reasons beyond our control, we have to cancel or alter arrangements,we will advise you as soon as possible and return any monies paid whereupon our liability will cease.
6. Damage or loss:You are responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition.You undertake to pay for any damage or loss incurred during occupation or any extra cleaning costs incurred.We reserve the right to repossess the property if excessive damage has been caused.
7. Numbers in party / suitability / eligibility: Only those persons registered at the time of booking may stay at the property unless by prior arrangement. We reserve the right to refuse any booking which, in our opinion, is unsuitable for our cottage. Guests may not be entertained without our permission.The person making the booking must be over 18 years of age.
8. Property description: While we make every effort to ensure that the property description is accurate, we cannot be held responsible for discrepancies, which can occur as a result of changes made e.g.. after publication of the website.Nor can we be held responsible for discrepancies resulting from events , which are beyond our control.
9. Liability: Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the website description is accurate and that the property meets its required standards, we cannot accept responsibility for any alterations made to the property or its amenities which are beyond our reasonable control. Nor can we accept responsibility for any injury, sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the use or condition of the property and its appearances,plumbing,electrical or otherwise,exceptional weather conditions or owners negligence.Further, no responsibility is accepted for inconvenience or significant nuisance occurring locally, which is outside our control or for the personal belongings,car and its contents of the hirer or any member of the party during the holiday.
10. Complaints: If the hirer has cause for complaint , the matter must be taken up as soon as possible with ourselves .We will investigate any complaints made during the occupancy of the property.Under no circumstances will we entertain claims for compensation lodged by the hirer upon departure or after return home when it is no longer possible to investigate the complaint effectively or take corrective action.No liability shall arise beyond a refund of monies paid.
11. Checkin and checkout: Check-in to the cottages is between 4 and 6.30pm unless otherwise agreed. Latest checkout is 10am.
12. No smoking: The cottages are strictly non-smoking.
13. Right of entry: We reserve the right if necessary to enter the property to effect maintenance or resolve any problem.
14. Dustbins:Refuse must be bagged and placed in the dustbins.Please separate bottles,tins and paper for recycling.
15. Pets: We regret we are unable to cater for pets.